Knowledgeable: Adobe Flash, Adobe Fireworks, DHTML, Quicktime, PHP
Web Design/Development Strengths
- Worked in Web Design and Development for over 10 years
- Created designs for a wide variety of sites
- Can build a site from scratch or help modify and improve an existing site
- Well versed in the best web practices
- Apply a common-sense, user-driven design and navigation scheme to my work
- Designs websites that are mobile and printer friendly
- Background as a non-technical person (an English major with strong writing and communication skills) enables Peter to view web projects from the perspective of the mast majority of users
- Can communicate and work with clients of all skill levels
- Capable of turning around a Web project expeditiously if client requests it
- Can edit and produce written content if necessary
- Knowledgeable in web design techniques that will improve your site’s visibility in search engines and enhance the user experience on your website
- Comfortable training clients on a variety of technical issues, including maintenance of their website
- A resident of Wooster, Ohio, for close to 20 years
Specific Web Experience Peter Can Apply to Your Project
- Setup and customize WordPress for use as either a blogging tool, or as a CMS for a website (or the combination of the two)
- Create Facebook Pages for business and organizations
- Edit photography; create photo galleries, rotate images on a web page
- Design custom electronic newsletter templates for use in programs such as Constant Contact and iContact
- Create web forms and surveys
- Utilize Google tools such Analytics, Docs, AdWords, Places, Custom Search and Webmaster Tools
- Setup password-protected areas of a website
- Audio — podcasts, MP3, live streaming
- Video — editing and publishing video
- Analyze website traffic and make recommendations based off those findings
- Michael Dowd, MD Graphics LLC/BARNWRKS: Possesses 20 years of professional graphic design experience. Assists with the design of certain Web projects, and is available to create a custom-made logo (like the one used on this site) for your site.
- Tom Montelione, Vertex Software: Owner of Vertex Software, a consulting firm that specializes in custom programming and databases. He is a past chairperson of the Wooster Area Chamber of Commerce Technology Committee and also serves on the Small Business Committee.
- Matt Dilyard, Campus Photographer, College of Wooster: Exceptional photographer who is available for virtually any photographic need you might have for your Web site. Is also a skilled videographer.
- Rich James, Instructional Technologist/Designer, Columbus State: The older brother of Peter, Rich, who possesses a Master's Degree in Mass Communication, is skilled in Video Production/Post-production and Streaming Video, and is well versed in Web 2.0 tools.