About Peter James Web Design
Business & Educational Background
- Peter James Web Design was started in May 2008. In that time Peter has worked on nearly 150 different web projects, ranging from designing Web sites from scratch; improving upon existing sites; populating websites using a Content Management System (CMS); and training clients on how to update their own sites.
- Served as Director of Web Services at The College of Wooster from September 1998-April 2008.
- Was the only staff member dedicated to The College of Wooster’s Web presence full-time. Responsible for the overall design, layout, and philosophy of the site, and either created or maintained content for well over 80% of the site.
- A 1995 graduate of The College of Wooster with a degree in English. Peter is also a skilled writer and copy editor.
Philosophy of Peter James Web Design
- Above all else, design and implement a website that meets or exceeds the expectations of the client.
- Apply a common-sense, user-driven design and navigation scheme to all work.
- Strive to develop a unique design for each client’s website while maintaining the key elements of easy navigation and strong content.
- Take advantage of a background as a non-technical person to view web projects from the perspective of the mast majority of users, not from a “techie” standpoint.
- Ensure that a project is done right and in a timely manner by working with a client until they are satisfied with the final product.
The goal of Peter James Web Design is to implement a design and content structure that captures the uniqueness that each site possesses, yet does not get so carried away that the purpose of the site is lost to the visitor. The goal of Peter James Web Design is not to design fancy websites to expand its portfolio, but to create websites that reach the goals set forth by its clients.
If you are a small- or medium-sized business or organization, Peter James Web Design possesses the skill, experience and affordable rates that you are likely seeking.
- Tom Montelione, Vertex Software: Owner of Vertex Software, a consulting firm that specializes in custom programming and databases. He is a past chairperson of the Wooster Area Chamber of Commerce Technology Committee and also serves on the Small Business Committee.
- Matt Dilyard, Campus Photographer, College of Wooster: Exceptional photographer who is available for virtually any photographic need you might have for your website. Is also a skilled videographer.
- Rich James, Instructional Technologist/Designer, Columbus State: Possesses a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication and is skilled in Video Production/Post-production and Streaming Video.
- Traci Schmidt, Business Manager: Handles the business and marketing side of Peter James Web Design. Has a master’s degree from Baldwin-Wallace University.