About Peter James
Business & Educational Background
- Has run Peter James Web Design since May 2008. In that time Peter has worked on nearly 40 different web projects, ranging from designing Web sites from scratch; improving upon existing sites; populating websites using a Content Management System (CMS); and training clients on how to update their own sites.
- Worked at The College of Wooster from 1995 until April 2008. Served as Director of Web Services from September 1998-April 2008.
- Was the only staff member dedicated to The College of Wooster’s Web presence full-time. Responsible for the overall design, layout, and philosophy of the site, and either created or maintained content for well over 80% of the site.
- Has worked with clients from New York City, Boston, Chicago, Connecticut, Michigan and Minnesota.
- A 1995 graduate of The College of Wooster with a degree in English. Peter is also a skilled writer and copy editor.
Peter grew up in Westport, Conn., (the former hometown of Martha Stewart and Paul Newman) and graduated from Staples High School in 1991. He then attended The College of Wooster for four years, where he majored in English and wrote his senior thesis on the history of muckraking and investigative journalism in the 20th century. Peter also wrote for the school newspaper The Voice, served as the paper's Sports Editor for one year, and was also a member of the Div. III nationally-ranked tennis team for three years. But most importantly, he met his wife, Tricia, while a student. They have been married for over 10 years.
After graduating from The College of Wooster in 1995, Peter stayed at the College, working first as an intern in the Sports Information Office, pursuing his initial passion of sports writing and statistics. During his first three years at Wooster, Peter developed his initial web skills, eventually becoming the first full-time Webmaster at the College in 1998. Peter held that position, under a couple of different titles, until he left the school to pursue his own business in April 2008.
During his nearly 10-year tenure as the leader of Wooster's Web site, Peter was almost exclusively the only person maintaining and ultimately responsible for the quality of Wooster's website, which was well over 50,000 pages large by the time he left.
Tricia also worked at Wooster for a number of years, first in the Office of Alumni Relations, then as a Director of Development. She currently works at Wooster Community Hospital as the Development Specialist.
Peter and Tricia have a daughter, Emily, who is entering first grade, and a son Peter Andrew James Jr. (called Andrew) who is nearly two years old.